|S. No.||Raw materials||Qty (kg)|
|2||Sodium hexa meta phosphate||0.20|
|4||Anionic dispersing agent||0.70|
|5||Nonionic dispersing agent||0.40|
|7||Hydroxy ethyl cellulose||0.50|
|9||Dry film preservative||0.70|
|12||Titanium dioxide – anatase||18.00|
|13||Calcined china clay||5.00|
|16||Pure acrylic emulsion||35.00|
|Approximate rate per kg|
|Pigment paste for tinting|
|100 G tank|
|10 kg, 4 kg, 1 kg|
Alkaline Degreasing Powder (ADP) provides degreasing and cleaning of mild steel sheet metal components from 40 deg. C to 70 deg. C for powerful cleaning and at room temperature for normal cleaning. It can be diluted to 3% to 6% by weight by volume concentration in industrial water based on the condition of the components. Painting or powder coating can be done on the cleaned components after thorough drying followed by proper metal pre-treatments like conventional zinc phosphating or iron phosphating.
Formulation of Alkaline Degreasing Powder
|1||Sodium hydroxide flakes||35.0|
|2||Sodium meta silicate||25.0|
|5||Lissapol D Powder (disodium lauryl sulphate)||6.0|
- Sodium hydroxide or caustic soda is available as flakes or pellets. Flake form is recommended in this formulation.
- Sodium meta silicate breaks down fatty acids in oil and greases. I it is also available in powder form.
- Sodium gluconate helps to protect metals like steel when strong caustic based cleaners are used. It helps to break down scale on metal components. Sodium gluconate has the advantage of being non-toxic and biodegradable. It is available in crystalline powder and liquid form. Powder form is recommended in this formulation.
- Sodium hexa meta phosphate is a surface acting agent and dispersant.
- Lissapol D is a surfactant and wetting agent, available in powder, liquid and paste form. Powder form is better for this formulation.
- Sodium carbonate breaks down grease and oil, and removes lubricants and grease applied on sheet metal components.
- Pony mixer is ideal for mixing degreasing powder.
- Mix items one to three thoroughly in the mixer and add the wetting agents to get uniform mixture and finally add item 6.
- After obtaining uniform mixing the degreasing powder should be packed in dry plastic containers.
Features of Pony mixer
- Agitator consists of vertical blades held on rotating head positioned near the wall of the can.
- Blades are slightly twisted. That makes the product efficient mixing.
- Agitator is mounted eccentrically.
- Blades can be cleaned and replaced.
Degreasing tank make up
- Recommended 5% concentration by weight by volume.
- Longer duration may be required to clean at room temperature for more oily and degreased components.
- Less than five minutes may be required at 50 deg C to 70 deg C for cleaning oily and greasy layer of any mild steel sheet metal components.
- Oil contents of the bath should be constantly monitored.
- If the components are not properly cleaned with industrial water after degreasing, the alkaline carry over may disturb further process. Ensure thorough cleaning after degreasing.
- If the components are rusty, derusting should be done before application of any paint.