Anticorrosive bitumen black paint is a fast drying solvent based full bodied bituminous paint.
Bitumen is molten in a mild steel container with some additives; cooled and diluted with lower aromatic solvent to the required viscosity and specific gravity.
- Steel container – 100 gallon, 300 gallon tanks
- Electrical or gas heater
- Electrical or mechanical stirrer
- Mild steel tank for make up
- Sieves to filter extraneous matter
Filling and Packing
200 L barrels, 20 L drums
- It provides an effective waterproof, weatherproof, corrosion resistant protective coating.
- It is resistant to low concentrations of alkalis and acids and can withstand prolonged oxidation.
- It is suitable for application to a wide variety of materials including iron and steel, lead, zinc, aluminium, asbestos-cement, concrete, stone and brick.
- It is mainly used for
- Metal production – corrugated iron shed, fire escapes, stairways, ladders, storage tanks, gutters, down-pipes, fences, railings, gates etc.
- A protective coating for concrete structures, stone, brick, concrete screeds and sand/ cement surfaces.
- Colour: Black, shiny coating when dry
- Coverage: Onto metal and smooth surfaces 8 m2 /litre
- Viscosity: Brookfield Spindle 2, Speed 20, Direct Reading 15-40 at 20°C
- Solids Content: 54 +/- 2% by weight.
- Specific Gravity: 0.92 +/- 0.02
- Softening Point Of Base Bitumen: 80° – 90°C
- Service Temp: -30° to 70°C
- Flashpoint: 38°C
Method of use
Apply by brush. Preparation of the surface is of great importance for any surface coatings and will influence the degree of adhesion obtained and the life of the coating. All surfaces must be stable and thoroughly clean.
Metal surfaces should be wire brushed to remove rust. Where long term protection is required, an initial treatment of a rust inhibitive product such as zinc phosphate should be used. A minimum of two coats should be applied, the first being allowed to dry before the second is applied.
NOTE: Anticorrosive bitumen black paint may bleed through any paints subsequently applied over it. Apply a primer recommended by the paint manufacturer before painting over it.
For further formulation of this product, please contact consultant.